* I adore cake
* I have five stunning children
* I was raised in California and moved to the south on 9/11, yes, THAT 9/11.
* I love adventure and new experiences
* I'll do just about anything for 'the shot' including risking injury or death
* I typically use my iPhone to shoot vacation photos.
* Music, ALWAYS. I can't work without it (thanks daddy)
"If I didn't have my camera to remind me constantly, I am here to do this, I would eventually have slipped away, I think. I would have forgotten my reason to exist"
- Annie Liebovitz
Why I Care So Much
Photographs have a very important place in my life. In 2013 my husband and I both lost our fathers. There was a sudden urgency to cling to anything that would bring comfort in the wake of the loss. "Our initial reaction was to immediately start sifting through old photographs. I desperately wanted to see his face again. To remember how this man impacted my life and to feel a connection with him again. It was comforting to hold those crumpled, yellowing pieces of paper in my hand."
I quickly realized a problem as I sorted through these photos, "Their wasn't enough, I had no recent photographs at all. And the few I didhave were poor quality, blurry, badly lit, red eye. It was so frustrating"
So when you hear me say that I am passionate about documenting your milestones, there is nothing more true. My goal is to capture that moment. That very brief and fleeting second in your story. When the wedding is over, when the senior is off to college, when the newborn is on his way to kindergarten or you lose a loved one, what remains is a beautiful image that tells your story.